These cookies are one of my absolute FAVORITE snacks! They are super EASY to make, contain no artificial ingredients, no trans fats, and are super high in WHOLE grain and can even be considered a heart healthy food.
But who really needs a reason to eat OATMEAL cookies! Click through for the last oatmeal cookie recipe you’ll ever want to use.
1 cup softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 ̊.
2. Beat brown & white sugars and butter together until well mixed.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Stir in vanilla
5. Wisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
6. Stir in oats and nuts.
7. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased (or parchment paper lined) cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 12 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Store in air-tight container.